Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Does Vicks Vapor Rub Cure Toenail Fungus?


If you have been looking for a cure to toenail fungus for a little while, you have probably heard of at least a few people discussing the possibility of using Vicks Vapor Rub for toenail fungus. I of course did as well quite a while back, and right now I would like to discuss whether or not it is a legitimate home remedy for toenail fungus hopefully help you make a decision as to what could work for you.

When I decided I needed to get my toenail fungus problem under control, Vicks Vapor Rub for Toenail Fungus was the first product decided to try. I thought that it would be a good idea because I knew that I could get it at any drug store, and I figured it would not be hard to apply each day. After using it for a few weeks, I was already starting to think that it might not be a miracle product after all. I end up completely stopping its use after 6 weeks because I didn't see any major improvements at all.

There are apparently people who have had some form of success with Vicks Vapor Rub for toenail fungus, but I am not completely convinced that those people actually use ONLY Vicks or if they also used something else with it that could lead them to see more success with it. All I was personally able to achieve through using it for over a month and a half was a slightly different color of toenail, as well as somewhat softer toes. I don't feel like that's the success I was looking for.

I talked to my doctor about using vicks for toenail fungus, and he told me that it is not a product that has any ability whatsoever to kill fungus, and I would therefore not be able to have success with it. What it can do is smother the fungus to some extent and make your toenails seem like they might be improving because they are softer because of the petroleum in vicks. However, the end result is that your toenails will not actually be improved with respect to killing fungus, although they might at least APPEAR a little better after several weeks of use. The changes will not last in the long term.

I would not tell anyone to use Vicks Vapor Rub to cure toenail fungus. I wouldn't tell any of my friends, or anyone I might meet for that matter. For most people that already have a persistent problem with toenail fungus, it's hard enough just dealing with trying to hide your ugly toes. Going through the disappointment of working with a product and then not seeing any results can be very difficult.

I have since discovered at least a few products that are actually approved by doctors as legitimate options for eliminating toenail fungus. I have seen some real results using them, so I know they work. No matter what products you decide to test, just remember that a product with a money-back guarantee is probably the most legitimate option available. There are plenty of products that do not have any kind of guarantee, and if you use them you will most likely be disappointed.




Josh Adamson has been investigating possible toenail fungus cures for several months and is sharing what he has discovered at his Vicks-Toenail Fungus blog. Make sure to read about alternatives to Vicks Vapor Rub for Toenail Fungus.




1 comment:

  1. Rub VapoRub on your toenails if you suspect you have a fungus. Within days, the nail will turn dark—this means the Vicks is killing the fungus. As your toenail grows out, the dark part will grow off and you will have fungus-free feet.
    Flexitol Nail Cream

    ReplyDelete